In order to configure email in your Microsoft Outlook email client, it is necessary that you should have an email address created in your cPanel.
Please refer “How to create email account in cPanel” to know about creating email account.
Assuming you already have an email account as created above, please follow steps below to configure your email account in Microsoft Outlook client :
Click on the File tab in the upper-left corner of the Outlook window.
Click "Add Account"
Select Manual setup or additional server types. Click Next >.
Select POP or IMAP. Click Next >
In the Add Account window:
- Enter your name and email address.
- Account Type drop-down – select IMAP.
- Set Incoming mail server to mail.yourdomain.com (where yourdomain.com is the name of your domain)
- Set Outgoing mail server (SMTP) to mail.yourdomain.com (where yourdomain.com is the name of your domain)
- Enter your Login information (User Name is your complete email address and Password).
If you are using Cloudflare proxied integration for your domain, then you can use your server hostname instead of mail.yourdomain.com. You can find your server hostname, by logging to your cPanel.
Click More Settings…
Switch to the Outgoing Server tab.
Check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
Switch to the Advanced tab.
In the Server Port Numbers section:
- Set Incoming server (IMAP) to 993.
- Use the following type of encrypted connection – select SSL.
- Set Outgoing server (SMTP) to 587.
- Use the following type of encrypted connection – select TLS.
Click OK at the bottom of the Internet E-mail settings window.
Click Next> in Add Account window to test and save your account settings